Posted by : Infinitesane 2.0 Saturday 15 March 2014

Image taken from here

It's been a while since I wrote about wrestling and honestly it's quite awkward to write back. So please excuse me for the awkwardness that you'll perhaps encounter throughout this entry. Wrestlemania XXX (it means 30) is just 3 weeks away on 6th April (or 7th according to your timezone). From my personal opinion, there are so much things happening right now that it actually shows us the new direction toward this business.

Young Guns Jumping On

You just cannot deny the fact that many young talent nowadays get pushed by the WWE. Just look at Daniel Bryan and Bray Wyatt(both are on the poster), Roman Reign and Antonio Cesaro (okay, just Cesaro). Plus, they back it up with superb performance. The audience are backing they up. WWE really made great return on that NXT investment. That means the very talented midcarders like Dolph Ziggler, Tyson Kidd, heck, even Alberto Del Rio left behind because of these young talented rising stars. The crowd still chanting "We Want Ziggler" on each show. I know it because I want it to. He is one of the best seller in my book. Even when he had to be a jobber, he do it well and of course, stealing the show. I feel sorry and disappointed for him. This is the problem WWE are facing right now, (this is just my opinion, you don't have to agree if you want to) the "pool of talent" that WWE have is too many, it's "spilling off". And then you see familiar face like Ethan Carter III on TNA. Of course it's so obvious that he is Derrick Bateman from NXT. It's not wrong having so many talent on the roster, I just believe if only they can have a good build up story line, that will be great for TV. But I know I just can hope and honestly, managing so many talent is a real pain in the A$$.

Fans Perspective

WWE fans (damn it, I don't want to use universe, it's too cheesy) is very different on the previous era. Fans nowadays watching wrestling for a good match, and smooth story line. We (I include myself into the universe) treated it as we watch other TV series. We know it is scripted, not like before that the fans take some serious heat to the wrestler, basically a heel. We nowadays appreciate well executed wrestling maneuver and good, entertaining story line. We even cheer for a heel. We don't dig wrestlers with big, bulky muscular man anymore. As long they perform on the ring and entertained us, we're fine. We are more appreciating good performers than individual themselves. That is what happened to poor Batista. He did a comeback, won Royal Rumble and straight away get a main event spot in WrestleMania for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship? That is pissing CM Punk thus left WWE for good. And just like he said in his infamous pipebomb,


I'm just a spoke on the wheel -- the wheel's gonna keep turning. And I understand that...
People will still buy PPV, watch RAW and SmackDown (I know I do) and bought merchandises. However Punk, personally I still miss you, your pipebomb and your in-ring action. If you ever feel want to make a comeback, I will cheer you. From my living room (or wherever I am).

Conclusion

As a conclusion, WWE need to adapt with this new direction of the wants of the fans. With their WWE Network (still not available in Malaysia, why Vince, why?), they're heading a little bit to the right direction and I hope to see more quality matches and story lines in the future. Or else I'll stop watching WWE and watching TNA. (I'm joking, TNA has best matches, but sucks at their story line). A lot of young and talented wrestlers waiting their turn to barge in to the main roster.

See you later,
KT

Leave a Reply

Subscribe to Posts | Subscribe to Comments

Popular Post

- Copyright © Infinitesane Daily -Metrominimalist- Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -